Real Estate Development and Finance
First and foremost Kantor Taylor recognizes the importance of good relationships with clients and opposing parties and their attorneys and consultants. We know how to get deals done and use problem solving to resolve issues.
We assist clients with the financing of their projects. We negotiate debt financing, including secured real estate finance, mezzanine financing, leasehold financing, construction loans, portfolio loans and tax-exempt bond financing. We also help clients with equity financing whether negotiating an equity investment or syndicating partnership opportunities. We have specialized expertise in Low Income Housing Tax Credits, New Markets Tax Credits and Historic Rehabilitation Tax Credit equity investment structures.
Kantor Taylor has a solid track record in all areas related to real estate development and finance. We advise and represent clients in the following areas:
- reviewing and negotiating purchase and sale agreements and ground leases;
- review and negotiation of commercial leases;
- conducting due diligence;
- resolving and reviewing title, survey and boundary issues;
- negotiating environmental settlements and analyzing issues and land use and permitting matters;
- reviewing and negotiating construction and architecture contracts, residential and retail leasing; and
- reviewing and negotiating management and service contracts.
While our practice is especially well known in the Pacific Northwest, Kantor Taylor attorneys have worked throughout the United States on a wide range of projects including: apartment communities, mixed-use projects, single-family and condominiums residences, schools and other community facilities, office, industrial, commercial, retail centers and resorts. Our clients include multinational and regional corporations; institutional, public, and private lenders; retailers; state agencies; bonding authorities; schools; commercial and multifamily developers; health care institutions; hotel chains; and manufacturers.