Mike Decina’s practice includes multifamily housing acquisition, development, and financing with an emphasis on multifamily housing and health care facility financing with the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development’s (“HUD’s”) FHA/GNMA loan products. Mike’s expertise includes HUD’s other housing and community development programs, including the Section 8, Section 202/811 and 202/811 Mixed-Finance, Mark-to-Market, HOME, and CDBG programs. Mike also has experience representing developers in low income housing tax credit and tax exempt bond transactions including transactions layered with state and local funding.
Prior to joining Kantor Taylor, Mike was an Associate Regional Counsel, Region X (Seattle), and Attorney, Region III (Philadelphia), at the United States Department of Housing and Urban Development (HUD).
Mike lives on Bainbridge Island with his wife, two daughters and son, and two dogs. Outside of the office he likes to spend time with family and friends, travel, and attend sporting events.
- American Bar Association, Affordable Housing Forum
- State of California
- State of Washington
- District of Columbia
- University of San Diego School of Law, San Diego, California, J.D.
- Santa Clara University, Santa Clara, California, B.A., History
- Order of the Coif (National Honor Society for U.S. law school graduates)
- International Law Journal (Lead Articles Editor)
- Kripke Award for Highest Cumulative GPA in Corporate and Commercial Law