Andrea Y. Sato
Andrea Sato represents nonprofits, for-profits and public entities in financing and developing multi-family affordable housing projects. Andrea represents clients through all stages of the real estate development process, including site acquisition, due diligence, entity formation and project financing. She works with clients utilizing Low Income Housing Tax Credits, tax-exempt bonds, and local, state and federal funding sources to finance the construction and rehabilitation of affordable housing. Andrea assists clients with structuring and negotiating investments by tax credit equity investors, as well as loans by conventional and governmental lenders, including tax-exempt bond transactions.
In addition to representing clients with all aspects of affordable housing finance and development, Andrea assists clients with the structuring of mixed use developments involving condominiums, air-space leases, reciprocal easements and joint development agreements. Andrea also serves as borrower’s counsel on tax-exempt bond financed projects for nonprofit entities, including capital facilities projects.
Prior to joining Kantor Taylor, Andrea worked for the Securities Division of the Washington State Department of Financial Institutions in the regulation of securities brokerages and brokers. Prior to attending law school, she managed market research for Coinstar, Inc. (now Outerwall).
Professional Affiliations and Community Activities:
- Member, Board of Directors and Board Secretary, Housing Development Consortium of Seattle-King County
- Member, Forum on Affordable Housing and Community Development Law of the American Bar Association
- Member, Technical Advisory Committee, City of Seattle Housing Levy Renewal (2015)
- Member, WSBA Section on Real Property, Probate and Trust
- Chancellor, St. Thomas Episcopal Church
- State of Washington
- University of Washington School of Law, J.D., with honors
- Columbia University, Columbia College, B.A.